Tuesday 15 March 2011

Has it really been a week already?

Wow, this week just flied by!

I wanted to write a post tonight about photography.
As you may have noticed from my pictures, I am a terrible photographer, I take hundreds of pictures but I post very little on flickr as I dont want other people to see the terrible pictures I take. The ones I post are usually the most interesting ones, especially if I just want to post something, just because!

Its been a few weeks now that I found out about this photography club in my area. They meet every Tuesday, but last week I didn't really feel like getting out of the house, so today it really wanted to make the effort. Luckily the ladies from the office arranged a dinner for this evening, so we went out for food, and then I left a bit early to go to the photography club.

I have to admit, I was devastated when I walked in the room and realized that the average age in the room must be around 65. BUT but BUT the speaker, whom I couldn't see from where I was sitting, showed us a ppt presentation of his shots, and I was amazed! A very nice man, having shot incredible pictures! He shot pictures that could have appeared in National Geographic in the past 10 years, or maybe should appear in National Geographic in the next 10 years!

Honestly, amazing shots!

He said he used to use a Canon EOS 10D and a 30D but now wants to travel lightly so he uses a Lumix G1, or something like that, (I need to google the Lumix, I always confuse them) and he only uses two lenses. I mean.. I use two lenses and I can't take a proper picture..!
Of course I know that its the type of lens that matters :) so my 50mm one will serve me well for portrait, but I should be saving up for a zoom-wide angle lens...

I feel very inspired today, and since I have taken a few pictures in the past few weeks, I will go through them and see if I can find any ones that are worth posting.

I hope you are having a great week so far!!


The Physicist

No comments:

Post a Comment