Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lets get on with it.

So the reason I created this blog was to actually write down my ideas and thoughts about my project.

I have finished my first part of the literature review earlier in the year, so now I need to get into the 'actual' work.

I am not sure if I am meant to publish my ideas or not, but I would really to get some feedback here and maybe some brain storming if possible!

So I am supposed to be analysing the data of a retailer as I have probably mentioned earlier.
By data I mean energy consumption data, I have available 3 year's worth of half hourly electricity data (gas available on request :p). Now I have a short project to complete by the end of June (including write up) and I am trying to figure out ways of correlating the data.

Lets assume that I have got my head round 'R' (which I haven't), and I am looking to do some correlation analysis. What should I be plotting against energy??

I imagine my y-axis being in kWh, what would my x-axis be?

I can even try kWh/m2 on the y-axis, then again, what's my x-axis??

Am I being very stupid here? Is there something obvious that I am missing?


Any input is welcome

The Physicist



No comments:

Post a Comment