Thursday 22 December 2011

The emotional cycle of change

You are right... this does exist, and when you get as low as you possibly thought you could, it's about time to realise it and do something about it..

So I took the first step and realised I ve hit bottom (of the current state)
I've been through anxiety, denial, fear, despair, panic, discouragement, but I think I am ready to move to the other side.




Hopefully you will see from the diagram I found (even though it is about investing- it is very relevant) that I am meant to be on an upward curve! 

It is now 3 days before Christmas, today was my last day in the office before the end of the year, and thankfully I have 'ended' the year on a high note..

I am finally hopeful for the future, I ve brainstormed, and I have started forming ideas for the year ahead. I have even formed a hypothesis and started collecting some data.

It is about time I acknowledge what I have achieved in the past year, where I was a year and a half ago, and where I am currently. What potential and future plans I am now able to have, and quite importantly, how lucky I am with the financial stability I have right now.



Sometimes it is important to sit down and do some self criticising. It might be a bit time consuming, but re-alighning your goals and objectives according to your current needs can prove quite important. It can give you a better understanding of yourself, and clearer directions as to what actions you need to take in order to achieve those goals.



I am actually quite happy that I ve hit my bottom before Christmas! I now have my holidays to think about it, and come fresh in January with more ideas in order to plan for the year ahead.



The Physicist





No comments:

Post a Comment