Friday 12 November 2010

Better than expected!

The 'Make sense of the energy debate" was much better than I expected!
There was in interesting talk by Dr Colin Church on the new government strategy for a low carbon economy. He talked about buying Carbon allowances, and explained that this was actually moved to 2012, and a new scheme, the First Green Deals that is being discussed at the moment.
During the energy clinics, I went to the Siemens' one, pretty interesting but didn't really say anything I didn't already know. I also attended the 'Optima' one, interesting work they are doing there, I am looking forward to their email with more explanations on their forecasting tool.
- Exciting fact, during question part of the presentation, a guy from ASDA raised his hand and asked for the presenter's contact details, because he was interested for their 'Analysis and beyond'!
The afternoon session included talks by Ant Wilson, Director of Sustainability, AECOM, and Richard Hipkiss, Commercial Director of i-prophets energy services. Quite informing and helpful I have to say!
Especially as it was the first time I attended such an event :)
Last speaker of the day was Mark Frazer from BSI, whose talk could be interested, if presented by the original author. He did try, and did quite well, but not as knowledgeable as I would have liked him to be. He kept talking about a 10% before the end of 2010 and 14% before en of 2012, but never said what theis baseline was! I didn't get the chance to ask if he meant year-on-year, or from a baseline year in the past.

Well I dont want to be too boring today;
I have an important meeting for tomorrow, and its already 1am here in the UK, so, I am switching off!


The Physicist



No comments:

Post a Comment