Monday 22 November 2010

You probably haven't missed me, but I missed you!

The internet connection at Lboro was VERY slow, so I just had to abandon it altogether and relax! I tried to act like my old self for a few days, watching 2-3 episodes of CSI back to back! Not bad, not bad at all!!
Although I am back to my earlier routine now, I have to stay I still haven't got used to it!
I am based in a company 6 days a week, ok ok 4 working days, and then I spend every Tuesday at Lboro. It just gets so tiring though! It takes me the whole weekend to relax, Mondays Im in the office, and then on Tuesday I just have to wake up at 5 to catch the early train! I can't wait for this module to be over and the real work to begin :)

So what I have been up to this week?
I ve spent all 5 working days of the past week learning how to use IES <VE> and what it does!
IES is a dynamic thermal simulation tool, using which you can draw a 3d design of a building (not as fancy as the SIM's game though) It can be used to calculate the energy usage of the building, and its potential carbon emissions for an average year.

I have to admit that I have enjoyed my week working in IES, I have even produced this:
Am I turning to an engineer or what?


The Physicist

No comments:

Post a Comment